Monday, February 29, 2016


Ladies and Gentlemen......



LET’S GET READY TO BAPIZZZZZZZZZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This week is totally it!!!! Marcos will be getting baptized at 5 this Saturday and Zoraida and her kids at 7!!! It will be great!!!



They've both come quite a ways! I'm so happy for both of them and I know they'll make incredible members!!!!



We've been walking over every square inch of our sector looking for investigators! It's probably the first sector I've been in where there's actually a lack of people to teach (something that I realize has been an incredible blessing up until now). But even so, we're still finding incredible people! Take Lucero for example! She was a reference we'd received about 3 weeks ago, but she was never home.....after passing by for about the 80th time we hear a young woman answer the intercom! She let us in; we talked with her, her sister, and her father. They're a wonderful family and Lucero and Estrella (her sister) are very interested! I know you'll be hearing a lot more about them!



Other than that, the work steadily continues!!! We've done interchanges with all the elders in the zone! (Which sounds like a lot, but it's really just 4 other companionships). Our zone's incredible!!! Each and every missionary has their own incredible story of how they became converted, what they've had to overcome, and why they came out! Missionaries are the greatest!



On a different note, I've recently been studying a lot on pride. One of my favorite quotes is from Elder Bednar, during a devotional he stated that "all sin is a result of selfishness"..... I began to think and I realized.....no wonder a perfect Charity (the opposite of selfishness) would be so desirable......As I read more and more about pride and how to avoid it, I read: "Humility is not about thinking less of yourself, it's about thinking less about yourself".



This has honestly been one of the most striking lessons for me in my entire mission. The key to becoming Christ-like, lies in not thinking about ourselves. Every possible sin can be avoided just by thinking about others first. It's incredible.



I have had many moments like this.....and all because I started studying the gospel. It's the fastest and most effective way to happiness!!!



I'm doing great and love you all!!!!!



Stay safe!!!!!!



-Elder Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment