Monday, February 9, 2015


So, one of you was praying super hard for me on my birthday!!!

That day, we found a woman who had been looking for Mormon missionaries for a couple months, and wants to be baptized! Which I thought was great (I don't think there's a missionary who wouldn't....) but even better than that, we went to an investigators house and taught him, his wife, his daughter, and new to us this time, his sister, who is about 60 years old and completely blind.

Anyway, the lesson went great, we gave her a book of mormon, and noted her address for other missionaries who live closer.....anyway, a few days later, we went back to the house, and she was still there. Turns out she had been coming back to her brothers house the past few days in hope that we might come back.....she said she wanted to know more, so we taught her more and invited her to the temple the next day, and she accepted! Anyway.....Not only did this blind woman feel that what we were telling her was the truth, but she accepted to go with us in a bus to some random place only a few days after we met her......

Anyway the point is, she told us she wants to get baptized, and as a result of the incredible amount of faith she has shown, we've got special permission to baptize her this saturday, even though she's only known us for about 2 weeks.

I know that whatever I write in this letter won't do Orlinda justice, but she has more faith without her sight, than anyone I've ever met with it.

(Also, she only went blind about 6 months ago, so she can't walk without someone helping her, so I walk with her everywhere and she just holds my arm and lets me guide her.....it's pretty much the most adorable thing you could imagine) 

So, long story short, We've got a baptism this saturday! Life is going great!!!

Aside from that.....not too much is going on! The work is going along great! And I'm super happy!

I love you guys so much! make sure to ask me questions if you have any!
-Elder Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment