Monday, February 16, 2015


Monday February 16, 2015

So, first off I'd like you all to know that life is good down here in Peru and I'm doing great!

I thought that today I'd tell you guys about a few of the differences there are between everyday life here, and in the states.

First off, there are two completely new modes of transportation. The first is the Mototaxi. Which is a flimsy metal frame they build around a motorcycle to fit more people. They are fantastic. They'll take you just about anywhere for $1.

Then there are the convy's Which are like busses, but smaller, and from what I can tell, they don't have to obey any safety requirements, or traffic laws.....and they travel a specific route (more or less). But they only cost about 15 cents.

Also, they don't have what we would call "stores"....they have giant shopping malls (which are few and far between) and then they have small, family owned stores that sell the exact same items, for the exact same prices. I had the idea of taking a picture of everyone I saw on the way over here, but I saw 17......they're everywhere, you don't have to walk more than a block for most necessities.....but if it's a luxury.....it's hard to find just about anywhere.

They don't pay by the hour here....they pay by the month. And usually it's like a 60 hour work week.....minimum here is about $1.35 an hour.....and that's being generous. So, it's hard for a lot of people to make a living here.

huh....that was kind of a depressing note to leave off on......oh well.

Anyway we had interviews with the president this past Tuesday.......I think the president either really likes me, or really doesn't. There is no middle ground. Hahaha I'm honestly completely lost.....but either way the interviews seemed to go ok....

Other than that, we had P-day on Wednesday last week, we had a giant water fight in the stake center, and then went to see that water show thing with the lasers. You'd think the missionaries would be the last group of people to have a water fight in the stake center.....but somehow it happened......hahaha it was fantastic!

I'm doing great! Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment