Saturday, September 6, 2014

I love you guys!

Everything is going great!

I don't have much to say this week. I'll be leaving monday at 11:00 AM to the airport, my flight leaves at 3:00, and we should get there at 9:00. So not too bad! Although I am incredibly excited to leave the CCM!

Story wise....

We had a devotional on specific prayer a few weeks back. Essentially the point is that if you sincerely pray for a specific thing, or a specific event, with all your heart, it shows to god your determination and faith, and he will answer your prayers(or something like that....I fell asleep). 

But anyway, Elder Neeley and I were missing American food badly. We were beginning to forget the simple joys that a cheeseburger could bring. 
So. We decided to use specific prayer, and pray for cheeseburgers the next day.....now, I understand to most of you reading this, that that sounds incredibly shallow. And you're not wrong. But, at the time, there was not anything in the world we would not have traded for some good old fashioned cheeseburgers. Anyway. We prayed that night, and went to sleep.
The next day, we were on our way to lunch, when about 50 feet from the cafeteria, we hit a wall. A wall made entirely of smell.

The smell of cheeseburgers.

We ran those next 50 feet, and to our joy saw the words "Hamburguesas con queso". Suffice it to say our whole district was in uproar that that actually worked.
Anyway, we got into the line, and just before we got our food....they ran out of hamburgers.

Neeley and I turned to each other, and accepted the fact that at the very least our prayers were answered.

When, all of the sudden, the chef came out with another platter. I can tell you right now, that very well may have been the happiest I've been since I arrived.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is that no matter how trival a prayer may seem. The lord is still there listening.
I also think the scripture that states "You shall not receive a witness until after a trial of your faith" applies nicely to the last part.

Anyway, there was actually a lot more that happened, which I will have to share next week. Because it works better with pictures.
Here are some pictures of my district though. I'll e-mail again probably next monday!
Love, 
Elder Winn


No comments:

Post a Comment