Thursday, August 28, 2014

The CCM is great! I love it here!
I figured I'd wait until now to tell you....but there's an epidemic going around! Like 100 and some odd kids got really sick, and it was spreading like crazy, but everything's all good now....so no worries.

Anyway, yet another non-exciting week! Our zone leaders left on Tuesday, so we had them all speak Sunday, as a district they sang the same song that I did at my seminary graduation, so that was pretty cool!

I met an Hermana Warner here! She was in my AFY group two years ago....I know quite a few people here! It really is a small world!

Anyway.
I feel like for all of you to really get a feel for how I feel here, I should describe what it's like.

Everyday I wake up 6:30ish and take a cold shower, then I read the Book of Mormon for about an hour in our classroom. After that we eat breakfast, which usually consists of non-breakfast food items including, but not limited to: Tamales, quesadillas, and ham and swiss sanwiches. Usually I just stick to cereal (with spiders).
After breakfast we have class with Hermano Salvador. He really likes McPhie and I, so we can get away with most everything. Usually we have a language topic, a spiritual topic, and then an hour to teach our progressing investigator (Them without a tie and nametag).
Then we have gym time, usually volleyball or Foosball.
Then lunch. Usually the most normal meal, typical mexican food.
Then we have afternoon class with Hermana Garcia. She's nice, but she has got to be the most boring teacher ever....but in every other aspect, it's the same as the morning classes.
Then dinner....typical mexican food, with cereal as an opt out for those with weaker stomachs.
Then our final study time where we read more BOM or Bible, or study language. Then we go back home at 9:30, sleep, and do it all again the next day.

And I love it.

It's so great being out here! No individual moment is super spectacular, but all together it's really great!
We've had a few kids leave, or want to leave because of anxiety.....I guess I understand....but not really....it's so great here! and We're only gone for 2 years! We're already a month in!

Oh, and just to reassure you guys that I haven't changed.....we have devotionals and presidency talks sunday and tuesday nights....I think I've made it 2 or 3 without falling asleep. My theory is, if it's important, someone will wake me up.

I love you guys! I promise I'll write something spiritual at some point!!!
Elder Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment