Monday, November 9, 2015

This Week…….


 

This week was pretty average, with one slight change.

I'm now a district leader.....which really doesn't mean a whole lot, other than now my sector has to be an example for two other companionships.

....It's honestly surprising how little everything else changes!!!

Recently the zone leaders have put a lot of emphasis on contacting. So we'll see if we can't get some outrageously high numbers this week!!!....

Anyway....a bit about this week...

Last week, after writing, we went to an all you can eat pizza buffet, which would have been delicious, but someone forgot their wallet......and when I say someone, I mean me.......and when I say "forgot" I mean lost.

So I immediately start freaking out, because I know there were credit cards, and all of this months money in there.....and everyone else just kind of looks at each other like:

"ooh....what do we tell him to make him feel better? Because that thing's gone for good".

Ramirez and I debated on taking a 20 minute bus ride back to the internet cafe (despite the possibility it had been stolen directly out of my backpack).

And he says "We can go back if you want....but we both know it's probably gone".....

So we take a Taxi back.....and at this point about 1 hour has passed since I noticed it was missing.....we walk into the internet, look into the desk where I was sitting, and there it is, on the floor, completely untouched.

We were shocked (as was everyone else in the cafe, as well as the district).

While that may just sound like good luck, I know that something special had to have happed for that wallet not to be stolen in the 2 hours I left it unattended.

So that was pretty awesome.

Other than that, it's just been a long hard week with relatively low numbers ](and when I say low numbers I mean 5 new people, and an average of 3 lessons a day.....so not really that bad at all)......but, you win some, you lose some I guess! Hahaha, things should be great this next week though!!! I'm looking forward to leading a district; it should be a great learning experience!!!

We're working really hard with Daniel......he should get baptized this Saturday, but.....we'll see.....and we've also got two of those kids who follow Danny around that should be getting baptized soon......now that I think about it, we could have a really awesome December!!!

I love you all!!! I hope you know I'm doing great, and am really happy here!!!! Remember to Read the scriptures daily!

Much love, Elder Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment